Sunday 5 April 2015

Interiors: El's Bedroom

B // El recently redecorated her bedroom in her parent's home in York and we've wanted to blog about it for a while now. As we've been staying there a good bit recently it was the perfect opportunity to do it. We decided that rather than just being like "look, this is my room, isn't it great", it would be more interesting if we both picked some of our favourite things from each others rooms and shared the stories behind them (so look out for a post about my room in the future!).

E // I've shared a room with my older sister my whole life, and it was only a couple of years ago after we had both moved out (her to Holland and me to uni) that I got a chance to redecorate. Seeing as she uses the room whenever she comes to visit, and still has a lot of her junk in it (GET RID OF IT SHONAGH) we both had input on the design. The room isn't quite how I imagined it, but it's still a nice relaxing space where I'm happy to chill. The walls are still a bit blank, but since taking these photos, I've bought a couple of prints and started collecting some nice things to stick up. 














E // I'll just pick out a couple of things to talk about, as I'm sure you're not all THAT interested in my sleepy room. The skull on my shelves is one I've had for years. It's a sheep skull which my dad found when out on a walk, and because he knows me so well, he stuffed it in a plastic bag and brought it home. I bleached it really good ok! Don't worry. I used to have it on my wall at uni and hung loads of jewellery from its horns. I like to think the sheep would have been happy to have a purpose beyond the grave.
The banjo and ukulele are from my stringed instrument collection. I'm not that great at playing them, but it sure is fun to try! Plus I'm hoping maybe I'll wake up one day and suddenly be a pro. I can dream.
The beer bottles are there because... I like beer. Ok.
Also shout out to Ryan Gosling! I see you there, peeking out. Cheeky.
And finally I want to give a special thanks to the dust, for being there always. Life is too short for dusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment